The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) was established by the 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria to among other things organize elections into various political offices in the country.
The functions of INEC as contained in Section 15, Part 1 of the Third Schedule of the 1999 Constitution (As Amended) and Section 2 of the Electoral Act 2010 (As Amended) include the following:
- Organise, undertake and supervise all elections to the offices of the President and Vice-President, the Governor and Deputy Governor of a State, and to the membership of the Senate, the House of Representatives and the House of Assembly of each state of the federation.
- Arrange and conduct the registration of persons qualified to vote and prepare, maintain and revise the register of voters for the purpose of any election under this constitution;
- Conduct voter and civic education.
Nigerians are encouraged to quickly check if their Permanent Voters Cards are ready for Collection through the link Provided below:
Nigerians are invited to Re-apply for The Voters Card;
Applicants are allowed to re-apply for the INEC Voter’s Card on the condition that the information on the previously issued card will be wiped off i.e (deleted)
Also to check the status of your Temporary Voters Card(TVC), and Permanent Voters Card(PVC), as this will help to;
- know their eligibility status in the forth coming elections, gubernatorial or presidential
- know if you’re a bonafide citizen of Nigeria . If your eligibility status is not confirmed yet, then your right as a Nigerian is infringed on.
- Any documentation done with the (supposed invalid) TVC or PVC will not be accepted in e.g banks and so on.
- You as a citizen of Nigeria will have no right to change people in leadership positions as invalid TVC or PVC will turn you to a passive Nigerian.
Check the box below to apply….